TESOL Applications Portal
Welcome to the TESOL Applications Portal. Please choose the program you are interested in from the list below.
IMPORTANT: On the basis of the best information currently available to the United States Department of the Treasury, the following countries require or may require participation in, or cooperation with, an international boycott (within the meaning of section 999(b)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986). The boycotted countries are Iraq, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Yemen. As a result, TESOL International Association cannot send funds or issue awards to recipients of these countries. Award applications received from residents of these countries will be removed from consideration. We apologize to those individuals affected.
Graduate Student Research Forums
2024 Graduate Student Research Forum (Masters & Doctoral)\
- Apply to be a reviewer. Indicate for which Forum in the digital application form.
- Submit your proposal here. You are only allowed to submit one (1) proposal. If you submit two (2) proposals, they must have a different subject matter.
Awards for Excellence and Service
- The TESOL Teacher of the Year Award: To recognize and honor exceptional English language teachers at all levels. This award is presented by TESOL and National Geographic.
- TESOL Award for Excellence in Research: To recognize excellence in research on language teaching and learning.
- TESOL Outstanding Advocate Honor Award: To recognize an exceptional leader and professional who has demonstrated outstanding advocacy efforts in the TESOL field.
- Ron Chang Lee Award for Excellence in Classroom Technology: To honor three TESOL members who have achieved excellence through the implementation of technology in ELT. This award is presented by Ron Chang Lee.
- James E. Alatis Award for Service to TESOL: To acknowledge outstanding and extended service by a TESOL member.
Convention Travel Grants and Scholarships
- TESOL Awards for International Participation: To increase the participation of presenters from outside of North America at the annual TESOL convention.
- Meral Guceri TESOL/TEFL Travel Grant: To provide resources for English language professionals to attend the TESOL Convention.
- University of Pittsburgh Travel Grant for IEP Instructors: To support the professional development of ESL teachers and trainers in IEPs by offsetting costs for the annual TESOL convention.
- TESOL Leadership Mentoring Program Award: To help TESOL members become more involved in the work of the association.
Call for Reviewers!
2024 Call for TESOL Reviewers: Would you like to review applications for TESOL programs such as awards, student forum proposals, and mini-grants?