Login or Create an Account
2019 TESOL Teacher of the Year Award
Create a New Account
Eligible applicants include any English language teacher who has been a classroom teacher for a minimum of three years, is not a previous recipient of this award or the TESOL Excellence in Teaching Award, and who:
- Inspire students of all backgrounds and abilities to learn.
- Have a positive impact on students and colleagues.
- Participate in continuing professional development.
- Create a supportive and encouraging learning environment by providing quality language instruction based on well-articulated theory, philosophy, educational research and best practice.
- Play an active and useful role in the community as well as in the school demonstrated through collaborative partnerships and relationships.
- Demonstrate involvement in the field
- Demonstrate evidence of positive teacher effect on student learning through formal and/or informal documentation.
- Incorporate innovative and effective lesson strategies and evaluation techniques by utilizing new scholarship from TESOL or related fields.
- Demonstrate a commitment to English language teaching.
Letters of recommendation for this award are due by the application deadline, 19 July.