Login or Create an Account
2019 TESOL/TEFL Travel Grant
Create a New Account
Applications are evaluated according to the following criteria:
- your reasons for wanting to attend the TESOL convention
- evidence of your commitment to teaching English in a foreign language setting
- the benefit that attending the TESOL convention will bring to you and other teachers in your community
- financial need
To Apply Online
To complete the online application process, you will need the following information. You are strongly encouraged to gather this information before you begin the application. That way, you can fill out the application completely, and you will not have to go back and fill in items later.
A List of TESOL Conventions You Have Attended
Please provide a list of all the TESOL conventions that you have attended.
Essay (500 Words)
This essay should
- explain your reasons for wanting to attend the TESOL convention
- describe your EFL teaching experience, including the years, locations, and your responsibilities
- describe in detail the ways that you and others will benefit from your experience at the convention
- describe your current financial situation
Two Letters of Recommendation
You will be asked to provide contact email addresses for the people writing letters of recommendation for you. They will receive a message from firstname.lastname@example.org at the address that you provide, inviting them to upload their letters of recommendation directly to the application system.
During the application process, you will be asked to write the message that they will receive. Please use the space provided to write the outgoing message to your letter writers. Do not use this space to upload the letters of recommendation. Letters submitted by the applicant will not be accepted.
Please ask your letter writers to watch for a message from email@example.com. To ensure that they receive the message, please ask them to add firstname.lastname@example.org to their contacts or to their spam whitelist.
If they do not receive the message, please send a message to email@example.com.
Letters of recommendation should
- describe and evaluate your work in EFL
- attest to your commitment to teaching in an EFL setting
- describe how you and others will benefit from your attending the TESOL convention
Applications must be received by 1 November.