Login or Create an Account
2020 Betty Azar Travel Grants for Practicing ESL/EFL Teachers
Create a New Account
Applications are evaluated on the basis of
- your reasons for wanting to attend the TESOL convention
- your commitment and contributions to ESL/EFL teaching
- your financial need
Preference is given to individuals who have never attended a TESOL convention.
To Apply Online
To complete the online application process, you will need the following information. You are strongly encouraged to gather this information before you begin the application. That way, you can fill out the application completely, and you will not have to go back and fill in items later.
Short Answer Section
- Explain the reasons you want to attend the TESOL convention (250 words)
- Explain past and current contributions and commitment to ESL/EFL teaching (250 words)
- List the TESOL conventions you have attended
- Explain your opportunities for receiving financial support for professional development from your institution, publisher, or other sources (250)
Two Letters of Recommendation
You will be asked to provide contact email addresses for the people writing letters of recommendation for you. They will receive a message from firstname.lastname@example.org at the address that you provide. The message will invite them to upload their letters of recommendation directly to the application system. Letters submitted by the applicant will not be accepted.
Please ask your letter writers to watch for a message from email@example.com. To ensure that they receive the message, please ask them to add firstname.lastname@example.org to their contacts or to their spam whitelist.
If they do not receive the message, please send a message to email@example.com.
Letters of recommendation should
- be written in English by a professional who can describe your work and your professional activities.
- describe your work, contributions, and commitment to the field
Accepting applications starting 1 July. All application materials and supporting documents must be received by 1 October.